Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Migration quiestion  (Read 538 times)

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Migration quiestion
« on: August 20, 2011, 04:22:40 pm »

I would like to play a sealed fortress, but I found 7 dwarves to be boring now. Is it possible to have more dwarves at start or to trigger a immediate immigration at start?

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migration quiestion
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 04:36:13 pm »

make an airlock system, and once every thousand years just let a good worker in while using the migration waves to build epic monuments before they starve (slave labour)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 04:49:55 pm »

I set the bad dwarves that I don't want to live outside the compound in the ramshackle slums. They primarily work as recyclers from the waste system and slave labour. The guys on the inside do anything important, there's even a section of my guard dedicated to guarding the area between the compound and slums.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 05:00:09 pm »

More Embark Dwarves will let you embark with more. I don't think it's been updated recently, but the hex editing is pretty simple.

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 06:08:03 pm »

make an airlock system, and once every thousand years just let a good worker in while using the migration waves to build epic monuments before they starve (slave labour)
Something like Gothic 1 style? ;)

Nidoking, I will check it out, thanks.