Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone ever recovered an artifact from a volcano or other such place?  (Read 1049 times)

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just curious, it seems like something that someone ought to try. I'd imagine pumps would be a key factor of the operation...

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile

If something actually fell into a volcano, it would plummet down to the magma sea, whereupon it would be swallowed into oblivion by the semi-molten rock.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile

If something actually fell into a volcano, it would plummet down to the magma sea, whereupon it would be swallowed into oblivion by the semi-molten rock.
Unless it hit a ledge somewhere along the way.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile

Unless it hit a ledge somewhere along the way.

40d volcanos had ledges and were circular. 31.xx volcanos have a smooth texas-shaped tunnel.

DoctorMonch

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Vivisectionist
    • View Profile
    • History Of Bowmined

40d volcanos had ledges and were circular. 31.xx volcanos have a smooth texas-shaped tunnel.

I'm sigging this because it's fucking true, and I laughed way too hard.
You lock MonkeyHead's right upper arm with your left hand!
Don't make me Shift-A>Enter>a>Enter>Enter.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

He IS right.

I'm still hoping toady changes it eventually. and re-adds chasms, but with their ground floor being in one of the caverns, and being open to all that they pass through.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.