Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: help for adding civs and weapons  (Read 559 times)

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
help for adding civs and weapons
« on: August 19, 2011, 01:55:05 am »

so, in the next release im thinking of adding in a lizardman civ using the cave civ one that lives in jungles and seiges and a desert tribal civ that lives in deserts and is just human or a modified version. im also planning on adding some new weapons and armour and making some of those exclusive to each civ.

as this is my first attempt at actual modding, im just asking for advice on how i actually go about doing this
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: help for adding civs and weapons
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 01:24:20 am »

so, in the next release im thinking of adding in a lizardman civ using the cave civ one that lives in jungles and seiges and a desert tribal civ that lives in deserts and is just human or a modified version. im also planning on adding some new weapons and armour and making some of those exclusive to each civ.

as this is my first attempt at actual modding, im just asking for advice on how i actually go about doing this

I would start with the weapons, as they're probably the easiest part of what you want to do.  Open up your "item_weapon.txt" file and look at the format for weapons.  Each token has a specific function - some of which are obvious (i.e. NAME), some of which are not as obvious (i.e. TWO_HANDED).  A full description of these tokens can be found here.  Try writing and testing your own weapon raws in the arena until you get something you like, and then you can worry about creatures and entities, which are much more complicated.