Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Time to start my adv-BLUBBLUBBLUB  (Read 885 times)

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
Time to start my adv-BLUBBLUBBLUB
« on: August 26, 2011, 04:00:18 pm »

So I start my newest adventurer, and where do I spawn? In the middle of a river. Strange thing is, though, there was no water there yet, but it flowed in quickly after I started moving. There was also a house filled with humans in the river:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When I opened the door, water rushed in. The door closed every time I moved outside of it, so it didn't fill all the way just by doing that. I had to fight the force of the current (which kept pushing me back) and keep opening the door, which caused this to happen:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They all drowned. It was fun times.

Anything else like this happen to anybody else? Is this a common occurrence, or am I a lucky one? :P
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time to start my adv-BLUBBLUBBLUB
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:04:22 pm »

This happened the first time I tried adventure mode. I thought I had started off in some dwarf tunnels or something, at least until a sturgeon dragged me into the water and killed me.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:04:39 pm »

Never heard of this happening before, but I guess those humans got what was coming to them for building a house in the middle of river.
...Said Bloxace.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 04:57:31 pm »

That's pretty strange.

You should have used the river to fill the house to 3 or 4 depth and use it to learn how to swim.

Only then should you have drown the humans. At least, that's what I would have done.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 10:07:45 pm »

Seems that the humans thought it'd be a great idea to take advantage of the lack of water in the river to build a nice house. Obviously, they didn't expect Mr. Adventurer to come and bring the laws of Dwarven(or whatever you're playing as) physics along with him.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.