Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bastion's Art Style  (Read 1405 times)

AllThingsLive

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn, I'm a sexy bitch!
    • View Profile
Bastion's Art Style
« on: August 21, 2011, 05:48:34 pm »

Bastion, l little action-rpg indie game was released rather recently for the PC, and hot damn, that game is a work of art. The sound is great, the whole narrator idea is brilliant, it controls fantastically, the lore is beyond awesome, and the art... oh the art...
The art is what makes this game, it is all colorful hand drawn art, and it looks soooo good. Especially the colors, the color choice on everything is absolutely outstanding! I can't get enough of it, and was wondering what your guys thoughts on it are, as well as if anyone knows what that art style is called. If I had to try and put a name on it, I'd say fantasy/anime, but I'm not too sure. And the color, does anyone know if that color scheme has a name? Such vibrant, well combined colors, I can't express how much I adore it all!
If you haven't already, you MUST listen to the Joe Rogan Experience : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastion's Art Style
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 05:50:23 pm »

On page 3

There's a search option at the top of the screen.

If you need help figuring out how to use it send me a pm.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 06:38:24 pm »

But he is asking what the art is called, nothing about the game...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 06:43:58 pm »

If he just wanted to say, "Wow, I like the art!" He would've posted in the game thread. But he's asking for more information about the art/graphics, and what the style's called.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:51:59 pm »

If he just wanted to say, "Wow, I like the art!" He would've posted in the game thread. But he's asking for more information about the art/graphics, and what the style's called.

Which can't be asked in the other bastion thread why?

I'm a bit confused :P

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 07:05:19 pm »

a thread with art in the title is quite a bit more likely to be read by someone with actual knowledge of art than the entirety of the game thread.