Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: But... This is not possible.  (Read 3170 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: But... This is not possible.
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 10:11:40 pm »

The dwarf is just hugging his new slave!
Yeah, its a bear hug of "Sure! We'll be (squeeze) happy to accept your offer of peace and bring an end (squeeeeeeeze) enjoy the benefits of not having to go to war with yer armies any longer."  I feel sorry for the goblin that got squeezed like that.  At best he probably limped home due to the rib injuries the embrace gave him. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 10:13:31 pm »

Melt the coins for valuable items. Or chuck them in magma to appease (or horribly anger?) Armok.
Turn them into bolts and insert them into the goblins.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 11:03:22 pm »

Make a throwing things adventurer and see how many gobs you can kill with the peace-coins.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Trippin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 01:44:32 am »

well the goblin civ IS called the bearded sin... so maybe its just a case of dwarfy goblins?
I imagine that every fortress will eventually become a roiling mass of naked, muddy beardballs so fat they have to travel by rolling around.

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 03:16:10 am »

My guess is: the dwarf on the coin is Thibbledorf Pwent;)
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 04:18:00 am »

...The dwarf is embracing the goblin. This artwork relates to the acceptance of an offer of peace from The Bearded Sin by The Jade Torch...
Suggestive names, aren't these?

My version is, this whole "embracing each other to establish peace between The Bearded Sin and The Jade Torch" thing was just an intricate metaphor for a depraved act.
Which implies that there are images of cross-species depravity on every copper coin in your fortress.
Which, in turn, implies that cross-species depravity is statistically the second most popular theme in your fortress's art, coming just after the rutherers. See what I'm implying here?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 04:22:55 am »

...The dwarf is embracing the goblin. This artwork relates to the acceptance of an offer of peace from The Bearded Sin by The Jade Torch...
Suggestive names, aren't these?

My version is, this whole "embracing each other to establish peace between The Bearded Sin and The Jade Torch" thing was just an intricate metaphor for a depraved act.
Which implies that there are images of cross-species depravity on every copper coin in your fortress.
Which, in turn, implies that cross-species depravity is statistically the second most popular theme in your fortress's art, coming just after the rutherers. See what I'm implying here?

You're implying that you're crazy and need to go to a mental institution?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BornInATrailer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 12:47:59 pm »

I didn't notice that... an embrace between representatives of Bearded Sin and green guys called The Jade Torch?  A green stick with a red tip?

Apparently I am also mentally ill.

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 04:16:55 pm »

Because killing things is currently the only implented way to voice your disagreement.

Time for a sig change!
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!
Pages: 1 2 [3]