Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dressing in adventure mode doesn't check for used body  (Read 847 times)

Abyssal Squid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dressing in adventure mode doesn't check for used body
« on: November 02, 2006, 02:33:00 pm »

It looks like the change that brought all these fancy new articles of clothing in stopped the game from checking if a body part is already wearing something.  I'm running around now with three earrings in my right ear and none in my left, plus a tunic and a dress on my upper body at the same time.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dressing in adventure mode doesn't check for used body
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »

It does do a check, and those all passed.  You could do what you did in reality.  It does a thickness check for the clothing and a capacity check for the ear.  The numbers aren't perfect yet (you can probably get away with way too many earrings), but it's somewhat reasonable on the layering of clothing.  The order in the inventory is the order you are wearing them from under to over.

edit:  also, for now it loads up the right ear (and right thumb) with jewelry to capacity before it starts on the other.  This is an issue on to-do.  You should probably have a choice in the matter as well.

[ November 02, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

m3talh3ad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:40:00 pm »

I was going to ask about this as well.  I was wearing a leather helm and a copper helm, and two chainmail tunics on the chest.  I really don't mind either way, better safe than sorry!

EDIT: Okay, so you can't wear multiple shoes and stuff, so I guess it will all work out.  Better start pumping some iron or I won't be able to wear all my armor layers!

[ November 02, 2006: Message edited by: m3talh3ad ]

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 11:04:00 pm »

I was wondering why I saw one of my guards wearing gloves under his gauntlets.  Does that give more protection?

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 11:41:00 pm »

Protection from armor chafe, yeah.    :D