Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [DISC] Game Tag System?  (Read 876 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
[DISC] Game Tag System?
« on: August 20, 2011, 05:18:01 pm »

Basically, I had another one of my brilliant ideas. On many a forum, there are systems that involve some tag system that can be used to quickly browse through topics to find something of interest. I thought it might be worthwhile to design a system for these boards that can be used to identify games. I can see two obvious advantages from this-one being that if you're looking for a specific kind of game, the tags give you a clue as to what the game is. The other being that, if you can't find a game or remember its name, you can search the tag and pick it from the search. There might be others, and because this probably won't become a stone-engraved rule, use of it would be optional. A few tag examples would be;

[YOU] You are X games.
[SUG] Suggestion games.
[RP] Roleplay games.
[D&D] We probably have enough D&D games to warrant this.
[OOC] Need I explain?
[DISC] ussion threads.

And so on, so forth. Basically, would people be interested in using in this system to warrant its existance? Obviously, if nobody wants it, then I won't bother with it, but if people want it, then I'd gladly flesh it out.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!