Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unreasonable Demands  (Read 926 times)

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unreasonable Demands
« on: August 17, 2011, 05:25:00 pm »

Is it a bug that nobles may make impossible to fill demands?  My current noble wants a bismuth bronze bed in her tomb, I didn't think you could make beds out of metal.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreasonable Demands
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 05:30:12 pm »

Yep. This happens. One of the best excuses reasons to kill nobles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 05:31:52 pm »

Failed demands don't result in the wrath of justice - they just make the noble angry. Feel free to ignore them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

mellonbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 05:49:17 pm »

Failed demands don't result in the wrath of justice - they just make the noble angry. Feel free to ignore them.
You cold almost say meeting them isn't... deMandatory.

HunterCyprus93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 05:58:20 pm »

You cold almost say meeting them isn't... deMandatory.

You forgot to put your sunglasses on!

Dradym

• Bay Watcher
  • if its hard, overly complex, but fun, its a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:24:22 pm »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:41:21 pm »

Fail joke is fail, mostly due to the pun using a word that isn't real.
A better phrasing would be:
"You could almost say meeting them isn't... mandatory."
It works even better, because mandate is the base of mandatory, but not as much for demandatory (which isn't an actual word).
Of course, it's still not funny.
And there's your interjected English lesson for the day.

Oh, and you could've just repurposed this topic to the other one, if you wanted. That's generally easier/less cluttering.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 08:56:34 pm »

Fail joke is fail, mostly due to the pun using a word that isn't real.
A better phrasing would be:
"You could almost say meeting them isn't... mandatory."
It works even better, because mandate is the base of mandatory, but not as much for demandatory (which isn't an actual word).
Of course, it's still not funny.
And there's your interjected English lesson for the day.

Oh, and you could've just repurposed this topic to the other one, if you wanted. That's generally easier/less cluttering.

Given the tendency of people on this forum to clutter topics up themselves, I don't think it really matters.  (ie, 80% of posts in this thread not tangentially being about the OP, including yours.)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 09:00:39 pm »

Yeah, I know. The forums are hopelessly cluttered; I just wanted to make sure that you knew you can edit your posts and whatnot. Some people don't know that.
And my justification for an off-topic post is that the thread was dead in all but sinking already. Although, who needs justification to post in a dying, topic-ended thread?
I just found another reason to repurpose topics: There's not a wild thread thrashing about on the first two pages.
No offense intended to you or anyone else, in case I came off as kind of harsh here. Just posting without significant content.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 09:04:12 pm »

Yeah, I know. The forums are hopelessly cluttered; I just wanted to make sure that you knew you can edit your posts and whatnot. Some people don't know that.
And my justification for an off-topic post is that the thread was dead in all but sinking already. Although, who needs justification to post in a dying, topic-ended thread?
I just found another reason to repurpose topics: There's not a wild thread thrashing about on the first two pages.
No offense intended to you or anyone else, in case I came off as kind of harsh here. Just posting without significant content.

I'm not fussed, the reason I don't browse here regularly is the sheer amount of off topic garbage that's piled onto each thread, so I've accepted it's going to happen.