Advanced search  

Author Topic: RGB  (Read 743 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
RGB
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:15:40 am »

So I was messing the RAWS as any dwarf,and i've entered the descriptor color standard,and I've noticed that there are thousands of colors,each one with an diferent RGB setting, but the game has only 16 colors. ???
Please explain that.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RGB
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:09:19 am »

I'm betting the thousands of colors are simply fluff. "He had red hair, green eyes, and light grey skin." sounds much less cool than "He had crimson hair, verdant eyes, and marble skin."

Edit: I was going for goblin or maybe troll with that...Somehow it came out vampire.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:13:07 am »

but what about the RGB especifications?

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:25:52 am »

The RGB specifications tell the game which of the 16 'real' colors to use.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 11:54:56 am »

so it chooses the closest one?
why the game can not display more than 16 colors?

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 12:12:13 pm »

Well, it's not that the game can only display those 16 colors. If you go into the colors file in the data folder you'll find that you can actually modify the RGB values of the game to show whatever colors you want. It's just programmed to have 16 rather than 32 or whatever. You'd have to ask the glorious Toad or a more knowledgeable forum-goer than me to find out why he decided to do that, though.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 12:12:52 pm »

The game is still in alpha.  The current graphics are a place holder.  I'm sure we'll see more colors down the road when toady gets the functional parts of the game done.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 02:17:22 pm »

place holder for 20 years... :P