Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In Memory of Alaith And Udib  (Read 555 times)

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
In Memory of Alaith And Udib
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:07:27 am »

My latest FB was a humanoid made of crystal with poisonous vapors.  Oooooooh great.

I lost two marksdwarves that it breathed on when it decided to strangle them to death.  Before it got its hands on them, they were doing a pretty good job of dodging away. But the two marksdwarves got the syndrome.  And boy howdy was it a nasty one.

They both had two screens of injuries.  Everything in their bodies was not only swollen with dwarf blood but ROTTEN as well.  EVERY. SINGLE. ORGAN.  I couldn't see what was going on because I had two marksdwarves busy filling the entire area with miasma while the rest of my marksdwarves were shooting away at it from a distance far enough (I hoped) to avoid getting breathed on.

At least Alaith and Udib lost their lives in defense of the fort.  And the FB was idiotic enough to spend several pages of combat trying to strangle them to death while the rest of the marksdwarves shot it full of iron.   Had it been clever and breathed blood rot on everyone, that coulda been a real disaster. 

NOW to make sure the syndrome doesn't spread.  This could very well mark the end of Basementstricken if this crap gets around.   :(
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: In Memory of Alaith And Udib
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:14:34 am »

Apply a traffic restriction around the whole area, then order floors built to cover over the toxins.  Since it was a vapor, there may not be much/any of it remaining.  To be safe, just slab the dead, leave their contaminated corpses outside.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:18:09 am »

Wall it off, pour magma in.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 04:14:37 am »

Create two massive tombs (or one dual tomb, if they were a DWARVEN COUPLE), sacrifice as many vagrants as possible putting them in it, seal, magmatize.