Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Angrybeards-succesion fort retry  (Read 4747 times)

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Angrybeards-succesion fort retry
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 11:12:36 am »

Komfortowy.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 03:03:23 pm »

Sometime this month, please.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 08:01:59 am »

Jak wins. Okay, I've been playing the fort, and I'm writing down the entry in note pad, then I'm going to copy and paste it to here when it's done.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 09:24:04 am »

My computer seems to hate Dwarf Fortress, as it has AGAIN deleted the save. Fortunatley, I have a plan. Sphagghetio is to generate a new world, build a fort named Angrybeards, and take over. Worship Jak, God of Insanity, please.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 12:10:11 pm »

My computer seems to hate Dwarf Fortress, as it has AGAIN deleted the save. Fortunatley, I have a plan. Sphagghetio is to generate a new world, build a fort named Angrybeards, and take over. Worship Jak, God of Insanity, please.
Right. If I am to do this, I need two things. Firstly, worshipping Jak. Is that in-game, or just for story purposes. Secondly, I need a list of everyone needing dwarfed again.
EDIT: Just realised this isn't a bloody community fort. I'll get on starting tomorrow. WARNING: Bad MS Paint drawings may feature.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:18:58 pm by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 02:45:30 am »

(Everyone is dwarfed, and sorry about the images. I'm going to go with bigger ones next time for better quality)
1st Granite, 126: Oh yeah, entrusted by the king, big privilege, yah de yah. Angrybeards. Angry. Beards. What sort of a name is that?! And... Oh. "The Harminous Boot". By Jak. That really is bad. Privilege my big dwarfy BEARD! So now me and my six friends are stuck in this forest with few supplies, and some sort of warning about giant jaguars. Great.

7th Granite, 126This place is so goddamn exciting.

11th Granite, 126: I had Urist McUristy, our hunter, look around to check the wildlife out around here.

The results were not too encouraging.

27th Granite, 126: This is the layout of the fortress so far, showing the entrance, food stockpile (I'm telling you, this rock salt is hard as hell to dig through) and farm imposed that is one level above the rest of this "fortress."

5th Slate, 126: Oh Jak. I can see this situation getting very bad, very quickly. Chuck... RUN!

6th Slate, 126: Phew. That giant tiger left without brutally murdering anyone.

1st Hematite, 126:

And that's where I'll stop for now folks. Nothing much has been happening, except for that giant tiger and a leopard getting dangerously close, but both ran off quite quickly. Summer update should be up by tomorrow, with better pictures.
If I'm doing anything wrong or badly, please tell me, since this is my first succession fort.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 04:01:11 am »

Just a quick question: Is anyone still watching this fort? If so, I'll post the next update. If not, I won't bother.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 01:22:29 pm »

Alright, I declare this thread closed. Anyone passing who wants to lock or delete it, be my guest.
Alright, I'll get the next update up soon.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:16:46 am by Spaghetti7 »

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 05:07:43 pm »

not quite yet, the fortress is still getting views, it's still on the front page so we have that, also, jack is just for roleplaying purposes :)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 08:48:05 am »

23rd Hematite, 126: Finally, the mountainhomes have sent us some others to help make this a great fortress! With such BLOODY USELESS useful dwarves as professional Fish Dissectors and Potash Makers MAY JAK RIP THEIR SOULS FROM THEIR BREASTS AND FEAST UPON THEM doubling the fortress' population, we are sure to achieve great things!

12th Malachite, 126: We have finally set up means to getting food and much needed alcohol, with a fishery and still, shown in this quick sketch.

6th Galena, 126:

Praise the miners! Today, whilst digging a small mining shaft away from the fortress, Imaku struck magnetite, an ore of iron known to occur in clusters of up to 750 units! Looks like this Angrybeards place won't be so bad after all...

19th Galena, 126: After mining out some more magnetite, I asked if we had anyone experienced in metalworking. We didn't, so I've assigned a "Potash Maker" (whatever in Jak's name that even is) the responsibility.

28th Galena, 126:
Oh lord help us.

1st Limestone, 126:
That's all we've got time for folks. Not much is happening, but it is the first year and all. By the way, if anyone passing by wants a turn, I don't think any others who are allocated them are actually watching the fort, so feel free to apply.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:51:17 am by Spaghetti7 »

chuckthegr8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 11:17:04 am »

How much wood would woodCHUCKa chuck if woodCHUCKa would chuck wood?

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 12:00:58 pm »

4th Limestone, 126: Aventur-what-what?

21st Limestone, 126: He has returned! I see this as a sign, and so am beginning a... Project.

Chuck, there is much work to be done.

22nd Limestone, 126: Ah! I have heard of great potential with this metal. I see the warriors of Angrybeards wielding mighty platinum war hammers, to crush their foes!

25th Limestone, 126: Die.

17th Sandstone, 126: Oh great. This time, Jak has blessed us with four more useless souls.

Finishing autumn up in the near future.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 12:43:20 am »

Um. I just had a look at what civs there were around, and the only one is us dwarfs. Is that a problem?
Pages: 1 [2]