Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your typical embarks  (Read 2322 times)

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your typical embarks
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 03:13:54 pm »

All true. But sometimes it takes a while to get a legendary dining room set up. When a dorm of decent quality beds can get knocked together pretty fast.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 04:03:34 am »

Errrrm, here's the post I was talking about:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83728.msg2240839#msg2240839

And here's my "Not quite as tweaked as it is now" embark profile.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You'll have a few embark points left over on start-up (fish never seem to get included, and your civ/biome might not have the stuff I tend to bring). But I shit you not, embarking with food/booze/bronze/seeds/dogs and some other stuff seems to always work. Three more picks and axes/spears does wonders as well for defense and boosts a quick-start extremely well. You can switch out either a planter or a stonecrafter to what you want, but they are both bloody handy to have (although a skilled metal-crafter would be my next priority).

And a skilled carpenter is a must. Scary environments need good shields, quick. Every environment needs good beds and quick barrels/bins. Good sleep and a place for booze/trade crap makes all the difference between happy dwarves and ecstatic dwarves. Carpenters are just too good early on to not have one, then they can run off and do other stuff. Make mechanisms in my case.
It's a game. Have fun.

Benedict Hardy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 09:03:59 am »

A
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:40:18 am by Benedict Hardy »
Pages: 1 2 [3]