Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress on Russian language  (Read 9286 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress on Russian language
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 03:04:33 pm »

I don't think one needs to know English very well to play DF. He would have difficult to read the wiki, and that's it.

Exactly and since learning DF is a cakewalk who needs a wiki in the first place.

Noobs.
Calling people noob's is stupid.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 05:28:31 pm »

I don't think one needs to know English very well to play DF. He would have difficult to read the wiki, and that's it.

Exactly and since learning DF is a cakewalk who needs a wiki in the first place.

Noobs.
Calling people noob's is stupid.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 10:36:42 pm »

Man, Russian is a pretty badass language.

Of course this means I only know one word. Polnoch. Don't even ask.

Still. Portugese is the smoothest sounding language and Russian is the most badass. At least to english-speaking ears.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 11:12:42 pm »

Russian accent is the best accent.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2011, 12:30:38 am »

I bet this might actually be possible, assuming that if Toady won't come out with a Russian version of DF someone can make a tileset out of it.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2011, 01:30:25 am »

Wow. That`s pretty damn amazing. I`ve been learning French for six years, and yet the best I can muster is a few paragraphs, much less a game. Much, much, much, much less Dwarf Fortress.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

Balin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 01:32:01 pm »

Learning the language by gaming is always fun. Native speakers are always surprised to hear words like "halberd", "dirk", "chausses" from a foreigner. They wonder : how can you know these words and not know what a subway token is ?!.

I always make a point of mentioning "Yari Ashigaru" from Shogun:TW to pretty much any Japanese person I get to talk to :)

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2011, 11:41:27 pm »

There's a russian wiki, dfwk.ru
Also, I think there are groups devoted to DF in russian social networks such as vkontakte.ru
I remember trying to run a succession game and a community fort there.

Here's the link (you have to be registered there, obviously)
http://vkontakte.ru/club2606586

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 10:50:34 am »

There's a russian wiki, dfwk.ru
Also, I think there are groups devoted to DF in russian social networks such as vkontakte.ru
I remember trying to run a succession game and a community fort there.

Here's the link (you have to be registered there, obviously)
http://vkontakte.ru/club2606586
oh that makes me remember learning to play ADOM. Words like "dagger" or "haggling" or "dodge" were quite a mystery! It helped learning english alot though.

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 05:57:49 am »

Artem probably doesn't check the forum anymore  ::) But I found a series of youtube tutorials that are, I think, in russian. I don't know the language myself so I can't be entirely sure. Here's the first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhQb1vyYJ2k

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 11:43:47 am »

Artem probably doesn't check the forum anymore  ::) But I found a series of youtube tutorials that are, I think, in russian. I don't know the language myself so I can't be entirely sure. Here's the first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhQb1vyYJ2k

Yeah, that's Russian.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 2 [3]