Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 33b, miner stuck in "Attend meeting", no dwarf  (Read 810 times)

TomTheHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
33b, miner stuck in "Attend meeting", no dwarf
« on: November 25, 2007, 07:13:00 pm »

I have two issues with my 33b game.  First, I have a miner who is stuck with a neverending "Attend meeting" job.  If I draft him, he goes to "Soldier", but as soon as he's undrafted he's trying to attend again.

Second, I haven't seen a dwarven caravan or gotten any immigrants in years.  I still get elven and human caravans.  In my first few years, I was unable to trade with the dwarven caravans because they'd go so slowly they'd turn around before reaching my trade depot.  I've finally gotten a shorter route cut, but now the dwarves have stopped coming.  If this is working as designed, then perhaps... it shouldn't work this way?  It really sucks that the dwarves have just given up on me.

Toady, would you be interested in seeing a save game?  If so, I'll upload it someplace and post a link.

Densor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 33b, miner stuck in "Attend meeting", no dwarf
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 10:40:00 pm »

Sometimes dwarves who are unhappy will attend a meeting with the Expedition Leader or Mayor to help improve their mood.  If that specific noble is busy with other stuff, the meeting won't happen and thus you have the other dwarf stuck trying to attend.  That might be your problem for issue #1.  No clue about issue #2, but I know that my current fortress the dwarven caravans bring almost nothing, and have for several years.  Twice I was seeing less than a screen's worth of items for trade.

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:34:00 am »

Is this a save from the old version that you moved to the new version?

I had to end my last fort when the version changed from 33a to 33b because caravans ended up bugged somehow and the elven one that was there when I saved before switching the versions refused to leave and allow other caravans to come. They just sat there for what was probably close to a year, never going insane or anything like they're supposed to, just blocking any new caravan from ever coming.

Abandoning and starting a new fort in the new(er) version fixed this, but I haven't checked to see if the latest fort (from 33b to 33c) will undergo the transition without problems.

Silveron

• Bay Watcher
  • Arichect of Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:02:00 am »

Densor, one of the dwarf civ's in my current world seems to be nearly destitute. Tried embarking from that civ and couldnt even get ANY dwarven seeds. Were a few other items missing as well but I dont recall what.

Was that caravan/civ bringing a ton of trade goods before?

TomTheHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 09:23:00 am »

Densor, I imagine you're right about the unhappy dwarf trying to meet with the Expedition Leader.  Thanks, I didn't realize they did that.

Genuine, yeah, I'm pretty sure I started this fortress in 33a and moved it to 33b.  I guess that could be it.  I'd rather not abandon, but... it may be time.  Maybe I'll just wait until 33d (33c is broken as far as I'm concerned) and generate a new world.

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 10:24:00 am »

I also had the same prob going from 33a to 33b.  All caravans/megabeasts/sieges are gone. Too quiet.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »

Hi,

I just wanted to report that I have the no contact with outside world problem after having moved from 33b to d...

Any news on this bug or how to fix it?

Can post save when I'm home later

Locus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »

Oh crap, so that's what happened. Some time in the last three versions, elves got stuck in my trade depot, and after a year I had to just disassemble it. No immigrants, sieges, caravans of any sort since then.

I guess I'll start a new fort in the meantime, and hope it gets straightened out in a new version, so I can go back to my old one, which was a rather large project.