Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any mods capable of editing embark size post embark?  (Read 818 times)

dirtyloincloth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Any mods capable of editing embark size post embark?
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:09:47 pm »

I've heard of mods doing many things to worlds, but I don't know if there are any mods which do this. 

If it isn't possible via mods, is it possible to delete embark data- yet leave the world and notes intact? (have a note at the embark site). Just posted about this in a different forum, but mods might have the solution.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Any mods capable of editing embark size post embark?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:14:41 pm »

Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: No, because embark size is 'hard-coded' after choosing a place and nothing at the moment can change it. In 2d verison, I think you cooould expand the map based on how north/south/east you went. It has been deleted from 3d for a reason - several thousands of suddenly added tiles would make any processor shit it's molten circuits in some terrible electronic diarrhea.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

dirtyloincloth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 04:32:52 pm »

poop.

Are the world + the embark inseparable? Would gladly delete the embark region data stuff if I could start over.. sucks having this massive reclaim in the way if I abandon it.

It's my shitty kobold camp so it's not a major loss.. though my yak just nearly solo killed an alligator, I was thinking of making him a village hero- never butchering him, giving him his own area and filling it with cows for him to bang, etc etc... oh well.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:38:27 pm by dirtyloincloth »

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 08:33:43 pm »

Not exactly inseparable... you can just regen the whole world and start from scratch. Just press esc during the game, go to "export local image" and press e. Now there are several image files of the layers of your embark in the DF main folder and one "<name of your world>-param-<some numbers>.txt". In that text file there is the seed (and all the other data) that you need to enter while designing a new world with parameters. You'll get exactly the same world, as if you never played on it. Of course, everything you built so far, would be gone that way.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!