Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade depot + bins...  (Read 798 times)

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade depot + bins...
« on: October 30, 2006, 09:30:00 am »

Well, this is an annoying little bug (I think) that didn't happen before. When a trade caravan appears, I proceed with transfering all finished goods bins (as I've always done before) that contain all my crafted items and so on.
Only this time, when the bins are transfered to the depot, the dwarves then proceed to remove all of it's content and transfering it back to other bins...

Pretty much a major BLAH!  :(

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade depot + bins...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 03:18:00 am »

*bump*??

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 04:00:00 am »

It's only been 18 hours...  and I've been working all day.  Also, I start from the bottom of the bug list by date/time to make sure i haven't missed any.

Anyway, I'm not sure what's going on here -- if the bins are claimed by an unmastered pile they shouldn't empty out, but it seems to be happening.  I think I'd understand what's going wrong if the bins are from a mastered pile (a pile that has a "take from order" applied to it).  I'll have to poke around with it when I can.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Adunakhor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 01:47:00 pm »

I had that too. My little morons immediately began hauling the crafts in the bins back to the finished goods pile. I was able to initiate trade before they had carried off much, but when I was finished, instead of moving the bins, they carried each bleeding unsold (I HOPE they just carried back the unsold crafts) good back to the stockpile. Somehow, a trader cum mule also happened to appear on this stockpile and began to wander around aimlessly in my fortress. I quit at that point, since the merchant guards were wandering all over the map, killing deer.

Could be something to do with the way containers are treated when not on a stockpile. I created an outdoor food pile at first while excavating the first tunnels, to provide space for the bounty my fisherdwarf caught, and when I designated the finished indoor storage area and removed the outdoor one, my dwarves insisted on carrying the food inside one piece of meat at a time instead of moving the barrels like in earlier versions.

[ October 31, 2006: Message edited by: Adunakhor ]

oksir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 09:32:00 pm »

Another bin & depot bug: I brought some finished good bins to the depot and traded, after which the merchants left. The dwarves took the bins from the depot and put them in all sorts of stockpiles, even though there where still finished goods in them. So I had bins with finished goods called 'finished goods bin' in my coin and bar stockpiles. It sorted itself out pretty fast, but they should only be moved to the correct stockpile.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 01:25:00 am »

I think I've addressed all of these issues now.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Freakazoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.corpnews.com
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 02:55:00 am »

I just had something like this happen. I went to put a bin of finished goods into the trade depot, and after it was placed all my available dwarves immediately put the finished goods within it back into a different bin in the finished goods stockpile.

I managed to get around this by placing the new finished goods bin into the trade depot and immediately declaring the finished goods stockpile as no longer accepting finished goods.

The goods stayed where they were, and when the first dwarven traders showed up, I traded all my goods for all their food. After the transaction, I thought it would be ok to turn the finished goods stockpile back on. Low and behold, all my available dwarves take the finished goods, which should belong to the traders, back into my stockpile. My food I traded for was still accounted for in my food stockpiles.

I have to ask, if I allowed this to happen, would the merchants I took from notice? Would they send bad word out that my dwarves are compulsive thieves? I saved my progress for the night and would like to survive a winter for once.

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 06:57:00 am »

I'm not sure if the dwarves can ever get upset with you, but I believe that other races will get upset with you on account of this, because the way I've been told it's calculated is based on the amount they leave the map with compared to the amount they start with.

If it isn't at least 0, they gain some amount of dislike for you.