Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ow just... ow  (Read 1032 times)

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ow just... ow
« on: August 11, 2011, 03:47:25 pm »

=
The Militia Commander stabs the goblin lasher in the lower lip with her +steel short sword+, tearing apart the muscle through the troll fur cloak
The +steel short sword+ has lodged firmly in the wound
The militia commander twists the embedded +steel short sword+ around in the goblin lasher's lower lip!
=

I cringed quite a bit.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ow just... ow
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 03:54:48 pm »

Harsh. But deserved. Ouch.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 03:59:40 pm »

Lashers deserve no mercy.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 04:27:24 pm »

That dwarf is either extremely incompetent or extremely skilled.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get your weapon stuck in someone's lip?
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 04:41:34 pm »

Very skilled actually.

She charged 10 goblins (mostly crossbows), went into a martial trance, killed 4, maimed the rest, dodged bolts and went away with a minor wound on her leg. In the 13 pages of fighting that followed she actually hit lips at least 3 times. Maybe she likes lips.

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 04:43:43 pm »

Lashers deserve no mercy.
NO THEY DO NOT. They ALWAYS instakill me when I go up to them in adventure mode.

Madurjafro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 05:02:37 pm »

Yes it appears the Whip seems to be a tad over-powered.

Since it's a Blunt type weapon, the entire weight counts for damage, which is wrong. Coupled with its contact area and speed, it's kinda some sort of super weapon.

Platinum whips here we come.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 05:55:33 pm »

Actually, testing would show that material doesn't matter too much on a whip: a Platium whip may beat a Copper whip, but they'll both destroy a Copper short sword.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 07:00:29 pm »

Actually, testing would show that material doesn't matter too much on a whip: a Platium whip may beat a Copper whip, but they'll both destroy a Copper short sword.
or an adamantine helm.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 08:10:44 pm »

I modded in Slade as a metal ore, and made Processed Slade a metal. A Bismuth Bronze Whip hit a dwarf in his Slade Helm and shattered his skull.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 08:54:58 pm »

Very skilled actually.

She charged 10 goblins (mostly crossbows), went into a martial trance, killed 4, maimed the rest, dodged bolts and went away with a minor wound on her leg. In the 13 pages of fighting that followed she actually hit lips at least 3 times. Maybe she likes lips.
This sounds like my speardwarf that kept chopping the noses off his opponents (he took three elf noses and at least two goblin noses).  I wonder if individual dwarves actually do have preferred targets (breaking hands, stabbing people in the lips, chopping off noses)?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Chocolatemilkgod

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding fortesses with magma since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 08:58:26 pm »

There's a reason whips are sometimes known as lightsabers. I do believe you can tone them down a tad in the raws if you want, though.
Dwarf 1: This is the worst part... The calm before the battle.
Dwarf 2: And then the battle is not so bad?
Dwarf 1: Oh...right. I forgot about the battle.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 09:52:34 pm »

I modded in Slade as a metal ore, and made Processed Slade a metal. A Bismuth Bronze Whip hit a dwarf in his Slade Helm and shattered his skull.
Did you change the raws? Otherwise, slade is not some godly armor. It is dense, but it has worse IMPACT_YIELD, IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD, COMPRESSIVE_YIELD, COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD, TENSILE_YIELD, TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD, TORSION_YIELD, TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD, SHEAR_YIELD, SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD, BENDING_YIELD, and BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD than adamantine. In short, it is good armor, but if a whip can handle adamantine then slade is no problem whatsoever.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.