Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 33b - Dwarves won't take damaged wood or seeds to refus  (Read 372 times)

Iddqd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
33b - Dwarves won't take damaged wood or seeds to refus
« on: November 25, 2007, 01:50:00 am »

Dwarves won't take wood and seeds that have been heavily damaged by fire (eg XXalder logXX) to the refuse stockpile. The take item to stockpile and store item in bag jobs are both generated, but fail with the message "Job item misplaced". Trying to build a structure on top of the damaged items fails with the message "Job item lost or destroyed" when the dwarf building the structure starts trying to clear the site.

The wood and seeds were ignited by a dragon. I marked them as forbidden, and left them alone to burn out. All other items that caught fire were eventually destroyed (silk clothes, corpses, and part of a food stockpile). When the wood and seeds were the only things left I gave up waiting for them to be destroyed and flooded the area. The fire is now out, and I removed the forbidden designation but my dwarves won't touch them. I have a stockpile set to accept everything, and all items are accessible.

ssorion

Re: 33b - Dwarves won't take damaged wood or seeds to refus
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:55:00 am »

Exactly same problem http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=002104

3 years have passed since hundreds of logs started burning, and they are still burning. Ones which i poured water over are un-moveable.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 33b - Dwarves won't take damaged wood or seeds to refus
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 05:37:00 am »

Dwarves also don't take off XXclothesXX even if there're better available... I wonder if XX quality is accidentally treated as ordinary quality?
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.