Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I keep a murky pool from freezing?  (Read 647 times)

HorribleSquidman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How can I keep a murky pool from freezing?
« on: August 10, 2011, 06:08:52 pm »

I was thinking if I maybe put a floor over one and left a spot for a well, it would stay thawed, would this work?  Is there any way to keep them thawed?

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I keep a murky pool from freezing?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:11:09 pm »

Everything is solved with magma.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 06:33:50 pm »

It wouldn't--outside is forever and always outside--you could drain it into an underground reservoir that never saw the light of day and use that.  Otherwise, yes, magma, specifically a pool of magma on the z-level below the pool would work, but might be a tad impractical (er..dwarfy)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:10:25 pm »

It wouldn't--outside is forever and always outside--you could drain it into an underground reservoir that never saw the light of day and use that.  Otherwise, yes, magma, specifically a pool of magma on the z-level below the pool would work, but might be a tad impractical (er..dwarfy)
Unpractical? Hold your toungue, elf-lover. There's no such thing as impractical!

Just kidding.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:29:33 pm »

Murky pools will always freeze. Murky pools will always fill when raining. Solution: drain the murky pool into an underground water storage. The water storage area won't freeze, and you can make it somewhere more accessible.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 10:50:10 pm »

Unpractical? Hold your toungue, elf-lover. There's no such thing as impractical!

Just kidding.

There is no such thing as "impractical" to dwarves.  There is only a challenge.