Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The horrid tale of the rise, and fall, of Oilaxe (community fort)  (Read 621 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Ok, though this is not my first Fortress, this is my first Community (as in only I get to play but you can be dwarfed) fort. I have been inspired to do this by the tales of Boatmurdered and, as of resent, Battlefailed. I am not all powerfull, nor do a laugh in the face of Megabeasts (I wear my brown pants when I see them, though). But I am going to give it a whirl anyway.
Rules
1. if you want dwarfing, tell me your name, sex, and what you want your job to be.
2. Don't complain if you don't get what you want, I hate that
3. Dwarfing means that (at least for here) you are in the hands of a noob. prepare to lose him/her in a way that shouldn't be possible.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zas’ Journey log

She has only been Queen for two months. Where does she get off by throwing us on a wagon and saying “Go north and strike the earth for the praise of Iteb, my eldest daughter.” I will strike the earth alright. Strike her right in it. But, the anger won’t help in this situation. Her crossbow convinced us to leave soon enough.

Well, its not too bad. She gave us mountains of food, animals and booze. Enough to feed all her armies for a whole year, and there are only seven of us. And there is more live stalk than I can count. These mountains reach into the heavens, though, and it doesn’t look like we can save our food until we get there. We even have a map to were the best place might be
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe she planned this. There was an ambush.  We only made it out with only one wagon and a few ducks and dogs. One of the guys picked up two strange creatures during the run. Hope he can feed them.

The map says we are about there, so I am going to have a good look see around this hell hole.

I dropped the map on the way up the mountain and barely managed to catch it. Guess what I found. There is nothing more to say about that. . . . .Setneknovel.

After a few hours of looking around, I found a nice area to start digging. I have plans for this mountain part, but first thing first, it needs to be mined out. Now I just need to make a bathing area, for everyone else. Which reminds me, what are they all good at?
Three hours. individually going through the list of usefully skills and test and. . . . .
. . . . . . nothing. They are all as competent as me when it comes to this. OH ZON!!! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US!?!

Ok, all basic labors assigned. We have a hunter, a miner, a craft dwarf, a wood cutter, yours truly, a farmer, someone to gather plants, and someone who will just move stuff around. Also, let it be known that on the first day of Galena, the sixth year of this world’s creation by the Gods, that I, Zas Rikkirkol, am now the leader of the Oilaxe!

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..