Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ghosts power devices  (Read 935 times)

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ghosts power devices
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:51:14 pm »

So I was thinking of more fun stuff for ghosts to do, stuff that's sort of appropriate.  How about machinery coming to life on its own?

Right now this would only affect screw pumps and mill stones.  But screw pumps can cause some serious havoc when they run on their own.  I think it would be fun.

I think this should be something reserved for energetic poltergeists, with the poltergeist spending a little bit of time on the machinery in question, sort of how ghosts haunt specific people sometimes.  If it would be possible, it would be especially cool for miller or pump operator ghosts to do this.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Ghosts power devices
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:59:48 pm »

Excellent idea. Perhaps levers could be thrown into the mix, not random levers, but the levers that the dwarf has pulled at one point or another.

Perhaps the ghost will repeat past actions, for example if you pulled three levers every siege the dwarf would pull those same levers when a siege showed up. Potentially being helpful.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:46 pm »

Excellent idea. Perhaps levers could be thrown into the mix, not random levers, but the levers that the dwarf has pulled at one point or another.

Perhaps the ghost will repeat past actions, for example if you pulled three levers every siege the dwarf would pull those same levers when a siege showed up. Potentially being helpful.

Or doing it seconds after another dwarf did it and causing FUN.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 02:12:17 pm »

Or if he set traps up and cleaned them, he might activate the trap when someone walks through it. Perhaps a more energetic and "cheeky" poltergeist might activate the new pump it sees... fun.
This would give even more reason for quick burials.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:08:45 pm »

AWSOME IDEA!
we could have more important lever depending on which kind of object they're connected.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:16:35 am by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.