Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Well I thought it was funny...  (Read 901 times)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Well I thought it was funny...
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:02:47 am »

I had an edventuring companion who killed more than a dozen hydra along side me die by drowning in a river while I was sleeping.

I found him lying on the shoreline, which confused me even more. After liberating any of his gear that was better than mine I set about getting revenge for this worthy ally.

I didn't know what to reek vengance on however, as his stupidity was the true culprit, and as long as there are dwarves, and walls to build themselves on the wrong side of during an invasion, stupidity will never go away.

My second option was the river.

I retired the adventurer in the nearest town and started a fortress at what I assumed to be the srouce of the river. Then abandoned it, sent my adventurer to the newly created fort to retire, then reclaimed the fortress.

With my new legendary and vindictive overlord to guide my hand, I knew justice would be swift at hand.

I dug as deep as I could, as fast as I could. Neglecting everything but the task at hand, and the parts needed to accomplish it. Many dwarves died in needlessly painful ways that didn't need to happen for this goal, but by Armok it was achieved.

I dug until i hit magma, pumped the magma back to the surface and strangled the river to death with molten !!JUSTICE!!. Then as an added insult had my surviving miners carve and expletive aimed at the once mighty river into the obsidian and mud that it now consisted of.

What completely necessary ends have you gone to that once accomplished you couldn't help but giggle madly at, then worry about your sanity?
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: Well I thought it was funny...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 03:47:23 am »

I severely overtrapped the rooms I dumped elf prisoners in because they killed one of my legendary masons.

The room was 10X10. There were crossbows, axeblades, serrated discs, and corkscrews in the traps.

Felt good, man.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 06:31:37 am »

Dwarves: Taking revenge against rivers by sealing them up at the source for no reason but spite and vengence, likely killing any nearby towns in the process.

With magma.

Actually what would be neat would be if someone else embarked a fort further down the river and found the riverbed dry.  But I doubt that would happen.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 11:29:36 am »

Dwarves: Taking revenge against rivers by sealing them up at the source for no reason but spite and vengence, likely killing any nearby towns in the process.

With magma.

Actually what would be neat would be if someone else embarked a fort further down the river and found the riverbed dry.  But I doubt that would happen.
1. Elves must die!

2. !!SCIENCE!! must be done!

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 11:45:11 am »

With magma.

Check this, OP.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 03:34:39 am »

Arise from your grave thread!

Okay, I'll go check when I get my monitor back up.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 03:44:26 am »

I once attempted to evaporate an entire river with lava after carp killed one of my more useful dwarves, but that was when the fortress was already disintegrating thanks to the forest fire that started when a hunter made the mistake of taking on a fire imp, so it never really got all that far.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!