Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Retirement home/recruitment center  (Read 785 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Retirement home/recruitment center
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:38:34 pm »

So, I finally accomplished enough with an adventurer that I felt it acceptable to retire him, and got to thinking: "What if, in an abandoned castle, I retired a whole bunch of adventurers with nigh-godlike skills, then recruited them all for my unstoppable army?". Has anyone tried this?  If so, could you please tell me how it went? (DF doesn't work with Lion, so I won't be able to try it myself for a while)
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Retirement home/recruitment center
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:46:10 pm »

I tried doing this once in order to lead an expedition into the HFS. It didn't turn out so well. There was no abandoned fort I could retire in nearby (some empty forts you can retire in but some you can't for some reason) so I ended up retiring them all in a town. When it was finally time to leave I could only find three of them, and they were all killed or critically wounded before they made it to the bottom of the staircase I had set up because a clown with deadly dust decided to blow up and slam them into the walls.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:03:01 pm »

Done it, results weren't impressive. They may be superior meatshields, but they still end up boiling down to meatshields.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:30:39 pm »

More impressive would be to use that trick that leaves behind an active fortress... Filled with Masterwork Adamantine Gear and silver warhammers.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 08:33:36 pm »

You can retire them all in an occupied castle, but then rather than hunting around for them, use DFusion to find their names somewhere in the site, make 'em follow you, then travel away and recruit them properly.
Endless fun to be had with kindof thing, in my opinion! Although yes, of course there are casualties... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 12:43:50 am »

You can retire them all in an occupied castle, but then rather than hunting around for them, use DFusion to find their names somewhere in the site, make 'em follow you, then travel away and recruit them properly.
Endless fun to be had with kindof thing, in my opinion! Although yes, of course there are casualties... :P
did Dfusion remove the ability to look at the person and force recruit them?
last time I check only the Git version of the game had it missing I don't know if Warmist/darius had remove it on his play alone version.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes