Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: People with Tomb own objects after dying  (Read 1388 times)

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
People with Tomb own objects after dying
« on: October 27, 2006, 05:26:00 pm »

I had my Baron Consort make a demand for some type of gem that I have never seen, so I locked him in his room and let him die.

After he was dead, he still owned all his rooms, and all the stuff that he had picked up.

This only occurs when the person has a Tomb, as far as I can tell.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: People with Tomb own objects after dying
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 11:41:00 am »

If they have a tomb they are supposed to still own all their stuff when they die. I don't know about rooms. I don't think it should be like that. You can free the rooms, can't you?

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 11:54:00 am »

It'd be nice if they were buried with the items or something.  It's annoying to have a room full of things you can't clear.

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 02:03:00 pm »

I'd think they should own anything IN their Tomb... but not every item that they owned, scattered throughout the fort.

You can re-assign the rooms that they had, however, every item they had filling the room (being a standard noble behaviour) is locked to the old owner, and the new owner cannot get any items.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 07:32:00 pm »

Jobs should come up to bring owned objects to the tomb.  This isn't happening?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 11:38:00 pm »

I just checked, and there are no jobs to bring the dead noble's stuff to the tomb.

The tomb has an owned item on every walkable space (the noble filled his tomb before he died), is it possible that is stopping the other items from being brought in?

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 11:47:00 pm »

I tried building a chest in the tomb, and sure enough, they started to cart items to the chest.

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 01:06:00 am »

If you intend to kill a noble, would it work to free the tomb before they die?  They'd be unhappy about not having a tomb, but they're probably already pretty unhappy about being locked up to die.

That wouldn't help with accidental death, but if you are planning regicide it might make things easier, I don't know.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 01:32:00 pm »

oh... does that mean for the nobles that require a tomb i should just slap the stands/chests/etc in the tomb? (which incidentally would raise the quality of the tomb to boot!)

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 03:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by bbb:
<STRONG>oh... does that mean for the nobles that require a tomb i should just slap the stands/chests/etc in the tomb? (which incidentally would raise the quality of the tomb to boot!)</STRONG>

I contemplated that thought after learning this last night too... but I think that might be a bad idea - the nobles will fill the tomb while they are alive, and if there are chests in the tomb, they will probably fill the chests too, leaving nowhere to cart the dead guy's other stuff after they die.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 09:10:00 pm »

It would work to free the tomb before you kill a noble.  Makes sense to me.  You'll suffer a fairly large immigration penalty but that'll fade over time.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 10:27:00 pm »

Maybe there should be an option to reclaim things owned by dead nobles?  It seems sort of odd that you can reclaim them up until the instant the noble dies, and then can never touch them again.  Plus, it's sort of irritating that a noble can die and effectively take limited-supply things like gemstones with them to the afterlife.

Of course there would have to be some penalty to stealing from the dead...  maybe when magic and haunting are in it could make their ghosts upset.  If we had priests then it could make the priests upset...  maybe it could upset anyone who was friends with the noble when they were alive?  That way, the cost would go down as the friends died and memory of the noble in question faded into obscurity.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One