Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Former Dorfs migrating (screen)  (Read 750 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
My Former Dorfs migrating (screen)
« on: August 05, 2011, 06:30:42 am »

It has been a while since I played DF, so now I'm back trying to remember some stuff and having fun just looking at the game doing it's thing.

I abandoned my last fort just to check legends (made a backup save), and I saw that after abandoning the fort, the old migrants made a new group on the same site, but they fled to the "Hazy Fingers" region.
I figured I'd get my uber-adventurer (that is hated by everyone except elves - I retired him on a elf camp to start fortress mode), and check to see what happened to the old fortress and what was that about the new group.

The fortress was there as expected, but no dwarves could be found.
I picked the direction of the nearest mountain home and thought that maybe they would be travelling the mountains, trying to reach the mountain home..aand

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I found them.
They won't talk to me, probably because I'm the enemy of the Dwarven Civilization.
But I just found it awesome I could find ALL of them running together up and down the mountains to join the main mountain home.

I knew stuff like this happened but never actually looked into it personally..it looks and feels awesome.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.