Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: snatchers with invasion off  (Read 911 times)

timesavatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
snatchers with invasion off
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:10:08 am »

I just updated phoebus last night and it reset my init file. I had invasions turned off, but when a goblin snatcher showed up I realized I had forgotten to reset it, so I did so. Now the snatchers continue to show up, is it possible for an invasion to happen since I only turned off invasions after the snatchers showed up?
Sin is a joke compared to Lavos. Sin just flopped around and blew a couple of towns. Lavos exterminated the entire face of the earth and tore apart the fabric of space and time by simply existing.
DvDangerous@youtube

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: snatchers with invasion off
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:19:39 am »

I believe that goblins have some "travel time," so there's a bit of lag time between making the change and seeing the results, which is why you're still seeing snatchers - they were already generated when you turned off invasions.  I'm pretty sure you won't get a siege though, since that's an actual event.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:21:39 am »

actaully you can get sieges and ambushes after turning it off, due also to travel time.... I've learned that the hard way.
Nom nom nom

timesavatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 09:26:29 am »

Hmm, well I turned it off immediately after the first snatcher, so hopefully they don't decide to attack me...thanks for the help though, couldn't find any info on this problem.
Sin is a joke compared to Lavos. Sin just flopped around and blew a couple of towns. Lavos exterminated the entire face of the earth and tore apart the fabric of space and time by simply existing.
DvDangerous@youtube

The Dog Delusion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 05:32:19 pm »

Sorry for the necrobump, but I have this same question in reverse: if I have invasions off, and turn them back on, I will eventually get invasions, right? Maybe it'll take a while, but it'll happen? I seem to recall that in one fort I had, I started with invasions off, and the Goblins were at Peace with the dwarves. After I turned on invasions, I waited for years before I got even a thief to visit...
Keep in mind that the dwarves are essentially alcoholic toddlers, and act accordingly.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 05:33:46 pm »

Sorry for the necrobump, but I have this same question in reverse: if I have invasions off, and turn them back on, I will eventually get invasions, right? Maybe it'll take a while, but it'll happen?

I believe so - think I tried this with one of my previous fortresses, and the sieges etc started up again a while after turning invasions back on.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

The Dog Delusion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 05:36:03 pm »

And I've seen it said before, but just to confirm - even if the gobbos are at "peace" with other civs, am I to understand that this will not last?
Keep in mind that the dwarves are essentially alcoholic toddlers, and act accordingly.

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 08:01:41 pm »

yeah, to goblins, 'peace' means 'we send snatchers, and eventually ambushes at you instead of starting out with full on seiges'