Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves getting injured while dumping stones?  (Read 1737 times)

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves getting injured while dumping stones?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:59 pm »

I had a similar instance where dwarves were mysteriously bleeding to death.  There were 4 deaths (nobody useful) where they would be fine then suddenly they would start bleeding profusely for about 10 tiles and then die.

Checked the logs, no combat report, no ghost attacks, and I didn't get a chance to examine them before their untimely demise.  Naturally I assumed FB blood/extract somewhere.  I figured it was at my water source and someone had washed it off.  I watched a dwarf go to the water source and walk off without incident and I haven't had a spate of bleeding to death for about a year now.  So I guess...all good?
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Encyclopath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 04:21:05 pm »

I had some instances a lot like this, specifically dwarves (mostly chopping wood if I recall) started bleeding to death for no apparent reason. I'm fairly sure it turned out to be the result of infections from previously (poorly) treated injuries. When I loaded from a backup save, it seemed like I was able to prevent some, but not all of them from dying by taking them off all work duties for a while. I couldn't get them to go back to the medic to get additional treatment, though, even though they had visible wounds.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 08:54:14 pm »

Quote from: HunterCyprus93
Quote from: HunterCyprus

Anyone else notice the username difference?

Also, the bleeding to death for no reason deaths can sometimes be caused by improper use of magma spawning using dfhack, specifically if you erase magma.

HunterCyprus93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 04:52:46 pm »

Quote from: HunterCyprus93
Quote from: HunterCyprus

Anyone else notice the username difference?

Also, the bleeding to death for no reason deaths can sometimes be caused by improper use of magma spawning using dfhack, specifically if you erase magma.

Thanks!!  I didn't realize I created what is, effectively, a duplicate account.  I use both the numbered and non-numbered in different places, so I get easily confused with them.

Edit:  I have started a new fortress and it is up to 251 dwarves.  I have not lost dwarves to anything but my own carelessness so far.  I have been checking the combat logs more often and, so far, there have been no oddities.

As to the magma and dfhack stuff; I did not use dfhack on this map, so that is most likely a non-issue.
Pages: 1 [2]