Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: effective military?  (Read 1541 times)

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: effective military?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 09:49:05 pm »

In war, there is no cheating, and there is no over-kill: There is living, and dying.

I'd agree largely with Mickey on armor:  Shield, Helm, Chest, Feet are roughly your top priorities (in order).  Siegers like ranged quite a good bit, and no good military dwarf does well when (s)he's too busy leaking fluids.

That is true*, however there is a difference between winning and having fun.  I can build a defense that can break nearly any enemy.. But it may not be interesting or fun to do.  I have far more fun with the challenge of repelling enemies using pure Dwarven ferocity.

*Save danger rooms, they are an exploit of the game mechanics and thus 'cheating' in my mind.  I don't care what others do, but while other means of defense may be too good (cage traps, skinny bridge/pit/arrow/trap combos to make enemies dodge to their death, etc) for me to find them fun, they aren't truly 'cheating.  To each their own though, its not a multiplayer game so I don't really care how people play :)

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: effective military?
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 10:03:41 pm »

Always ensure full coverage when armoring dwarves. A full covered dwarf can take a lot of hits, 2 not full covered go down earlier due to hits to the fleshy parts.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?
Pages: 1 [2]