Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Derp moment: viewing kills?  (Read 804 times)

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Derp moment: viewing kills?
« on: August 03, 2011, 12:31:35 am »

Alright, I know it can be done (at least for the living), but I just can't figure out how of dig it up for some reason.  :-[

Can I see a dead dwarf's kills? I had a miner go berserk the absolute second I ran out of booze, and my plan is to build tombs for all fourteen dwarves he killed, engraved, with valuable armor and weapon stands for the military ones that fell before he fell down the stairs.

His tomb will be in the middle, unadorned, with lowest-value slab, then filled with magma and capped, so he may burn for all eternity and none may gaze upon him or see the engravings of his deeds.

I just need to find out which of the other dorfs he actually killed.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Derp moment: viewing kills?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 12:41:45 am »

I don't have the game in front of me (and a lot of it is muscle memory at this stage..) but if memory serves you hit 'u' to bring up the list of your dwarves, then scroll to the one you want to see, then hit 'v' and it'll bring up the next page and you can view kills with I think 'k', note that the 'kills' option is only available if they actually have a kill to their name.

i874236951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 12:43:13 am »

Check your announcements, or if it happened quite a long time ago, your gamelog.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 02:00:04 am »

Go to the unit screen, find the dead dwarf under the deceased, view it, and it should still show things like kills, old relationships, etc.  I think.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 02:47:31 am »

I don't have the game in front of me (and a lot of it is muscle memory at this stage..) but if memory serves you hit 'u' to bring up the list of your dwarves, then scroll to the one you want to see, then hit 'v' and it'll bring up the next page and you can view kills with I think 'k', note that the 'kills' option is only available if they actually have a kill to their name.

Found out about this yesterday and it works this way. You can even access the medical records, and his/her last happy thoughts, of course.

i874236951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 03:06:06 am »

Hmm.  I thought you couldn't look up kills on berserk dwarves (all that status stuff went away and it only displayed their size, physical features, etc., like wildlife or invaders).  Dunno where I got that idea... haven't seen a berserker in awhile.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:09:26 am by i874236951 »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:40:10 am »

Perhaps you could look the dwarf up in Runesmith and see if there are any invader-related flags you can change?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.