Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Channel building issues  (Read 608 times)

krige

• Bay Watcher
  • [TILE:dwarf:fire]
    • View Profile
Channel building issues
« on: October 26, 2006, 06:36:00 am »

Sometimes when digging a channel dwarves suspend the job. I understand that it's because of a rock blocking them at the exact spot they stand while digging. The trouble is, there is no way to un-suspend the job or remove the channel and order to build it again...
Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

Shingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Channel building issues
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:36:00 am »

That's because a Channel (Like floodgates, bridges, etc... ) is a "Building" so to say, that doesn't have a menu. q can only be used to view buildings that have a menu, such as workshops, for instance. You'll need to use t in order to view the channel, and unsuspend it  :)

w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 01:16:00 pm »

You can also get to it from the jobs menu ("j").  

Suspended jobs are marked with a big red "Suspended", so they're easy to pick out of the list; scroll to one, and hit (I think) "b" for "ViewBld" (or something like that), and it will take you to the building itself, giving you the menu from which you can unsuspend (by "s", I think).

krige

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 03:20:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by w:
<STRONG>You can also get to it from the jobs menu ("j").  

Suspended jobs are marked with a big red "Suspended", so they're easy to pick out of the list; scroll to one, and hit (I think) "b" for "ViewBld" (or something like that), and it will take you to the building itself, giving you the menu from which you can unsuspend (by "s", I think).</STRONG>

That's the problem - there is no way to do so. No building menu = no way to unsuspend. Tried from job list and from building list.

Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 09:05:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by krige:
<STRONG>

That's the problem - there is no way to do so. No building menu = no way to unsuspend. Tried from job list and from building list.</STRONG>

I just went back and tried this (yes, with a channel digging job).  It works exactly as I described.  

Do exactly these things:

• Open up the jobs menu ("j").
  • Scroll down to the suspended channel digging job in question.
  • Zoom to the building ("b").
  • Unsuspend ("s").

krige

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 02:36:00 am »

Actually, yesterday I found (un)suspend/remove option elsewhere - under "items in building" key (t). Channels, roads and traps have their menu there.