Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding animals to lay eggs?  (Read 916 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding animals to lay eggs?
« on: August 22, 2011, 02:51:19 am »

So, I wondered, what happens if I add the LAYS_EGGS creature token to an animal's raws, such as cats? Will they lay eggs instead of giving birth to kittens? Will my dorfs recognise the eggs as things to collect and cook? How long till an egg, modded or otherwise, hatches, anyway?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding animals to lay eggs?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 03:42:34 am »

I'm not much of a modder, but you'll have to assign them egg materials as well for the eggs to be real, not just a form without content. The hatching time depends on the egg size.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:08:01 am »

Another modding question: I have erased the [ADOPTS OWNER] creature tags of my cats in the saved game folder, and on the [z] / Animals screen, all pet cats turned into unavailable and butcherable... while retaining their names. Would their death still sadden their one time dwarven slaves, who are now apparently free of them?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:22:55 am »

You should move this topic to the Modding Boards. We'd be happy to help you with specific modding related questions there. The move button is in the lower left hand corner.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!