Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Various problems  (Read 385 times)

Bask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Various problems
« on: October 25, 2006, 04:40:00 pm »

A whole list:
1) plant gatherers don't cancel gathering of inacessible plants (under buildings etc.). They stand there spamming can't find path.
2) soldiers in squads remember old patrol routes. When you divide or recombine squads and define new patrol routes some dwarves use old ones (possible connection with skill?)
3) nobles who tantrum and destroy buildings don't get punished.
4) siege engines (at least ballistas) that are destroyed by tanruming dwarves get their parts damaged to XXBallista partsXX. So far, so good. Then the parts are taken to refuse stockpile where they don't disapper and can't be sold. Clutter.
5) It seems milk again isn't used up when cheesemaking (needs checking more).
6) More of a concept problem - human traders are coming in with toad meat and monarch butterfly meat in stacks of five. Nice, but monarch butterflies are poisonous and inedible (according to wikipedia). And I can't butcher captured monarch butterflies from animals screen.
All on latest version.

w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/
Re: Various problems
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 06:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bask:
<STRONG>More of a concept problem - human traders are coming in with toad meat and monarch butterfly meat in stacks of five. Nice, but monarch butterflies are poisonous and inedible</STRONG>

To humans.

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:28:00 pm »

Yeah, but it seems kind of odd to harvest such a strange food source for another species, one that doesn't seem to be particularly inclined to eat it.

It would be cool if something like that was a delicacy of some kind and made dwarves really happy when they ate it.

"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 02:21:00 pm »

(1) and they are cancelling too much on another bug report thread?  dunno what's up yet.

(2) strange...  it tells them to overwrite with the new prefs, I'll have to try to reproduce it at some point.

(3) yeah, nobles don't get punished.

(4) weird.  those parts should have just been destroyed.

(5) milk removal works for me.  any other observations of this?

(6) isn't a concept problem -- monarch
butterflies have [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] in the raws, so it's just a bug with the trader/civ material code.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!