Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Hand to Hand Challenge (With Achievements!)  (Read 3117 times)

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
Re: The Hand to Hand Challenge (With Achievements!)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 11:58:43 am »

You state that all combat must be hand to hand, but at least one achievement involves throwing stuff ("Barbarian:Archer Revenge: Have an arrow stuck in you, and that arrow tossed back at the same archer."). Is throwing allowed during normal combat? If not, are you even allowed to throw items for the sole purpose of improving your stats?

Hand to hand to me = throwing.

Now with using weapons, you can only use them in emergency. Then you need to toss them away.
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

Andyfuji

• Bay Watcher
  • Chocolate Trotskies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 03:04:28 pm »

First try didn't work out so well...

Tera Sularaji started out as a human outsider in an elf hamlet.  I assume the elves and the humans were currently at war; as upon asking the nearest elf about the adventurer's surroundings, the elf responded with disgust, and proceeded place a blade in Tera's stomach.

The elf was relieved of his eyes, and Tera began a journey westward in search of shelter.  Luckily the humans had cleaned out a elf marketplace not too far away, and it was filled with loads of exquisite clothing.  30 or so jewelry items were collected and worn. (All of which were located on a single thumb, ear, or wrist.)

Continuing westward the townsfolk of a nearby hamlet explained the surroundings a bit and set Tera out on her first quest: Kill Nelo Anaeli, creature of the night.

A swarm of roaches began scurrying about upon entering the lair's door.  A skeleton and a few armor pieces were strewn around the room.  Tera pulled the helmet from the previous adventurer's corpse.  As she traveled further down the sandy cave corridor, the creature spotted her and ferociously charged swinging around a cleaver, missing all but a poorly placed hit to Tera's upper arm.  Tera hurled the bronze helm toward the creature, but it missed hitting the wall behind.  Several swift blows were dealt to the creatures lower body, several striking vital organs.  The beast was grasped by the head and thrown against a wall, stunned, and beaten; repeat.

Night Creatures seemingly don't tire at all; she spent a good half a day punching it in the face.  Tera eventually got tired and passed out.  The creature then stood up and disemboweled her with a meat cleaver.  She immediately fell over in pain, and was hacked to pieces.  Tera Sularaji died over-exhausted, suffocating, paralyzed, heavily bleeding, and armless.

[Barbarian:Blindness]
[I Still Got My Good Arm!]

Entih

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 07:50:58 pm »

The continuing adventures of Ent the Dog!

Quest 1:

Spoiler: "Adventurer's log" (click to show/hide)

Wow.  That went 100x better than I expected, haha.  I went in adequate, and came out legendary.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 08:04:01 pm »

Acheivement Suggestion: Where Axemen Fear to Tread
Destroy a forest retreat/tower with a population of 10+ Archers/Crossbowmen
Reward:Two peasant companions or two Drunks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 08:07:24 pm »

The advantage of martial arts is that there are sooo many martial arts attacks that you will get many criticle attacks.

Andyfuji

• Bay Watcher
  • Chocolate Trotskies
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 08:51:02 pm »

Are rocks and/or sharpened rocks allowed?  It would really help for the less muscular martial artists.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 07:23:06 am »

My idea: Zen Conduct: Modify your character to be blind or blind yourself in someway (reactions), and kill at least 30 humanoid ambushers.

Award: Get 5 + achievement rewards of your choice (+1 more point per 20 kills).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 02:28:22 pm »

A brown-blooded troll named Spothrib Mithrebdugver.

Adequate swimmer.
Adequate ruffiannihilator. (wrestler)
Adequate dodger.

Let's do this!

First steps! (Troglodyte)

First bandit attack! Died!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:44:18 pm by Putnam »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 09:07:04 am »

Elaxter, you think you can make an achievement about killing peasants?  I like going on town destroying rampages, and my kill score usually ends up being around the 12s or so.  Unfortunately, using only unarmed skills and being on peasant level makes it extremely hard for me to survive.  But still, the achievement would be nice. 

Also, how about storming a fortress?  You can get an achievement if you kill the law-giver ( it's always a demonic law giver for me, so that's gonna be difficult ) or if you kill enough soldiers.  Just an idea.  I'm trying right now to actually get a successful town destroying unarmed peasant fighter.  Wish me luck. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 04:48:35 am »

Achievement idea:

Flower Power This!: Kill an elf by throwing a wooden item (not weapon) or animal meat at them. BONUS: Throw elf or animal meat in their mouth/at their head but breaking their teeth as a killing blow.

Captain America: Kill an enemy (humanoid) by throwing a shield.

Hannibal: Bite out a chunk of meat from a human.

Haven't started hand-to-hand yet, trying to gen a world with all 4 races owning a civ. (My last one had no -live- dwarves, before that I had no elves)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2011, 01:36:05 pm »

Achievements and Rewards!

The First Steps: Complete your first quest

Night Pest: Complete your first Night Creature quest (By your self!)

No Leader for Joo!:Kill a bandit leader/complete your first bandit quest (By you self!)

Loved!:Complete 5 quests (By your self!) Reward: 1 peasant companion

Badger badger badger!:Strangle any badger type

Roundhouse Kick!:Kick a guy in the head, killing him instantly. (I did this with a punch, does it counts?)

Field Doctor:Infection:Have an infected body part severed by another person/animal (No new adventurer help) (I just need to get the part severed, otherwise the infection is probably going to kill me)

Barbarian:Archer Revenge:Have an arrow stuck in you, and that arrow tossed back at the same archer.

Barbarian:Blindness:Gorge out both eyes of an enemy (Humanoid)

Doing this, faring fairly well since wrestling is very useful and I'm keeping my copper knife to slit throats and fighting stuff I can't strangle
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 10:42:17 pm »

Achievements and Rewards!

The First Steps: Complete your first quest

Night Pest: Complete your first Night Creature quest (By your self!)

No Leader for Joo!:Kill a bandit leader/complete your first bandit quest (By you self!)

Loved!:Complete 5 quests (By your self!) Reward: 1 peasant companion

Badger badger badger!:Strangle any badger type

Roundhouse Kick!:Kick a guy in the head, killing him instantly. (I did this with a punch, does it counts?)

Field Doctor:Infection:Have an infected body part severed by another person/animal (No new adventurer help) (I just need to get the part severed, otherwise the infection is probably going to kill me)

Barbarian:Archer Revenge:Have an arrow stuck in you, and that arrow tossed back at the same archer.

Barbarian:Blindness:Gorge out both eyes of an enemy (Humanoid)

Doing this, faring fairly well since wrestling is very useful and I'm keeping my copper knife to slit throats and fighting stuff I can't strangle

uhhh... I am pretty positive that is cheating.

anyways, this is very challenging. I got the shit kicked out of me by a pack of wild skeletal moose women.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 02:48:05 am »

Can we use Misc. Objects or NOT?

Managed to kill a couple of alligators. They seemed pretty impervious to punches/kicks. Thrown stones brained one and spine-tapped the other into suffocating. Sold their meats and skins for 500 dorf bucks which I used to buy several rings and a crown.

Been training on animals for 2-3 in-game days. Reached legendary Fighter, Kicker and Dodger just behind that.

Also, my all of my combat stats have gone up a level or two while training.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:43:57 am by Knarfle »
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!
Pages: 1 [2]