Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breeding humanoid megabeasts  (Read 645 times)

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Breeding humanoid megabeasts
« on: August 01, 2011, 12:24:27 pm »

My current fortress is a bit over 25 years old and I've managed to pick up a breeding pair of cyclopes and giants. Four female minotaurs, too, but we won't get into that. Anyway, I tried boarding up the cyclopes in a room for a few years, and all I got out of it was a tiny drop in framerate. Is it possible to get them to breed without modding? If I do want to mod it, what do I do?

Twitch

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: Breeding humanoid megabeasts
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:06:57 pm »

I don't think megabeasts breed, and making them breedable will likely flood the world with them during generation.
,.nn,.n.,UM.,n.,.,nn
N,,.U|++u|

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:11:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure that megabeasts won't breed in world gen even if you make them breed simply because they are megabeasts.

That besides the point, he's obviously out of world gen. Just open up your data -> save -> region file and edit the raws there, it will only effect that world.

In the future, please post your modding questions on the Modding Forum, because every time you ask a modding question on a non-modding forum, a badger kills a dwarf. Think of the dwarves.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:14:56 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 10:30:02 pm »

Thanks for the response, but the modding part of the question was secondary to the question of whether they'll breed under normal circumstances. Also, I've read in several places that Rocs and Dragons can breed even in fortress mode. Clearly there's more to the question of breeding megabeasts, unless the rumors are false.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:58:58 am »

They're only semimegabeasts. Not full megabeasts.

...every time you ask a modding question on a non-modding forum, a badger kills a dwarf. Think of the dwarves.

...and anywhere else in this spot would be "...every time you [X], [Y] kills a kitten."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o