Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bandit town  (Read 1454 times)

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bandit town
« on: July 29, 2011, 03:22:22 pm »

So, I started a new adventurer and I was asked to kill a bowman for my second quest. As I was on my way to his lair, I got a random encounter. It was the guy I had to kill and a couple of dudes. I kill them and proceed to his camp to loot it. Well, apparently, he didn't want that to happen because the camp was guarded by around 60 dudes. I grinded skills with that adventurer, so I killed them all pretty easily, but it was still crazy. Even bandit quests from lords and ladies don't have that many guys.
It does make me miss dark towers, though. Fighting an entire army by yourself is incredibly fun...

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bandit town
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:43:18 pm »

Was the camp normal sized? I want a save of ur map D=

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:13:37 pm »

I don't know what size it was, it's just a stretch of open ground (there was a lot of loot and stuff though). If you want the save, I can upload it, but I don't know where (also, everyone in the camp is already dead, so there isn't much to do there)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 04:17:15 pm »

Upload saves to the Dwarf Fortress File Depot
*Hugs*

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 04:35:42 pm »

Here it is! http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4754
Anyway, it seems that there's way less than 60 corpses there...Maybe I'm just going crazy, but my kill counter can't lie, right?

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:08:53 pm »

The same thing happened to me but with around 116 dudes a while ago. At the bandit camp was every goblin in the world. I killed them all by slicing off there legs.

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 09:10:48 pm »

Me too, two days ago there was an camp filled with elves and humans, there was roughly over hundred of em. They all got butchered.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 11:51:23 pm »

i had a camp spawn 4-5 bandit leaders and their associated bandit bands before.

makes me glad that the humans in my current world are on the verge of extinction.  here, i mainly get night creature quests.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Notanome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 10:34:25 pm »

Had a similar thing happen, made me kinda proud of my dwarf. First adventure wasn't as hectic as your 60 bandits but there were 31 bandits. And a badger. She went to town with her hammer. One thing that impressed me (I'm kinda new to DF) is that a few of the bandits died a while after running away from me... due to respiratory problems. Ribs piercing the lungs. I love this game.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 07:51:23 am »

It does make me miss dark towers, though. Fighting an entire army by yourself is incredibly fun...
Going slightly off-topic, but you can change the raws to make the goblins build keeps that you can storm if you want to, until the towers/replacements are re-/implemented.

edit: But from reading your registration date, I guess you're already completely aware of that. My mistake ;)

Heh, I should've understood that you wasn't a newcomer just by you knowing about dark towers and such...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:54:14 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~