Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lever Pulling Job  (Read 825 times)

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lever Pulling Job
« on: July 29, 2011, 03:19:07 am »

I'm thinking of designating specific areas as lever rooms. Is there a job connected to lever pulling like "item hauling"?
It would be nice to have a designated dorf to do the pulling.

varangian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lever Pulling Job
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:53:51 am »

Don't think so, lever pulling seems to get allocated to any passing dwarf with no other job to do. You could use burrows to keep a pool of dwarves near to a lever if you wanted but I've never found a need to do that myself. Putting levers in a dedicated room close to a main transit corridor pretty much guarantees that levers will get pulled in a timely fashion.

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:02:04 am »

Don't think so, lever pulling seems to get allocated to any passing dwarf with no other job to do. You could use burrows to keep a pool of dwarves near to a lever if you wanted but I've never found a need to do that myself. Putting levers in a dedicated room close to a main transit corridor pretty much guarantees that levers will get pulled in a timely fashion.
Right, I supposed so. My main levers tend to be installed in such places also but in the last fortress it just took too long. My speardwarves put up an impressive fight though.

varangian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:51:20 am »

For defence critical levers I tend to put those in or adjacent to my panic room so that when I set a panic alert the burrow will be full of dwarves who've just abandoned their other activities. This guarantees the levers will get pulled as needed.