Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding weapons issues.  (Read 828 times)

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding weapons issues.
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:17:49 pm »

I went into the entities section, and added Halberds to the list of usable weapons for dwarves, and went into the weapon screen and changed Halberds to be spear weapons.
My weapon screen on the Magma Forge doesn't list Halberds as weapons.
If I forge spears, will Halberds be created? How do I add Halberds to the list of weapons to forge?

Also, if I take the max velocity value on the crossbows up to 100000 (functionally infinite), will candy/feather wood bolts fly like bullets?
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding weapons issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:34:51 pm »

You'll have to create a custom 'metal -> halberds' reaction at the forge, as I understand it.
[Signature]

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:39:27 pm »

You'll have to create a custom 'metal -> halberds' reaction at the forge, as I understand it.
I checked the reactions section under the RAWS, and options to make weapons werent there, only bars. I'll go check buildings.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 09:39:49 pm »

No, you don't have to and in fact cannot, as the forge can't have custom reactions added to it.

Ask the people on the modding forum and/or post your dwarf entity raws.

Also, to the second, I'm not sure if material weight has anything to do with speed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:44:12 pm »

Also, can all dwarves use halberds? Are some too small?

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 02:06:43 am »

You need to regen after every new addition of reactions IIRC. You can edit old reactions though.

No idea about the size. I would lean towards yes some are too small however.