Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Preferences and building materials  (Read 1135 times)

Zapitron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Preferences and building materials
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:45:27 pm »

If a dwarf likes, say, galena, will building the workshop he often uses out of galena stones or galena blocks, make any difference?

If his workshop is in a room (but the room isn't owned by anyone) with a door made out of a preferred material, so he's often passing through it, is he more likely to sometimes admire the door?

Or have I just been wasting my time, by building things (other than bedrooms, offices, and dining rooms) out of materials the dwarves who are often in those rooms, happen to like?
"They killed our last caravan?  That's it, I've had it.  Instead of arming those hostile dwarves with our exquisite wooden swords, let's see the disappointed look on their faces when all we offer them are our useless tamed grizzly bears."

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Re: Preferences and building materials
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:54:52 pm »

If a dwarf likes, say, galena, will building the workshop he often uses out of galena stones or galena blocks, make any difference?

If his workshop is in a room (but the room isn't owned by anyone) with a door made out of a preferred material, so he's often passing through it, is he more likely to sometimes admire the door?

Or have I just been wasting my time, by building things (other than bedrooms, offices, and dining rooms) out of materials the dwarves who are often in those rooms, happen to like?
building things out of what they happen to like probably gives them a boost to the happy thought they get when they admire and they get a happy thought if they work with a material they like. but i doubt construction material for a workshop changes anything.