Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How Do I Play This?: Adventure mode!  (Read 4931 times)

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
Re: How Do I Play This?: Adventure mode!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 06:24:49 pm »

If you notice in stores, there are training weapons to be traded for. If you have a crippled enemy, swap to the training weapon, and proceed to whack on it.
Do training weapons help increase the skills faster?
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 02:34:12 am »

If you notice in stores, there are training weapons to be traded for. If you have a crippled enemy, swap to the training weapon, and proceed to whack on it.
Do training weapons help increase the skills faster?

More hits = More exp, even if they do no real harm.
Hello.

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 06:34:40 pm »

Ok, one question, whats footing? How do you watch it? Whats the pros and cons of height advantages and such.
Sig

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 07:03:14 pm »

Effective wrestling.

Unless you're big on shields keep one hand free, use it to grab their weapon. Even the most vicious soldier's just a speed bump when he can't hit you with his weapon.

If you're opponent is heavilly armored or you're getting outnumbered try to strangle them and back off or deal a coupe de gras before you're swamped

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 09:21:21 pm »

Put all points into your weapon skill of choice at the start.

Travel around and look for a groundhog/buzzard.

Remove (P) your weapon and leave your shield on.

(C) Change combat preferences, stand ground on the bottom two.

Hold . If it doesn't repeat, go to options, controls/keys, look for adventurer controls "Wait" and turn it to instantaneous repeat.

Bluetac your . key or something, find a way to have it repeat without you holding down the button, you can probably use a program but I use a bottle cap and a watch on top of that.

Go read a book, watch TV, exercise or make food, when you come back in 10-30 Minutes you should have legendary, perhaps multiple times over, as I understand getting Legendary 11+ Is better than Legendary 5+ But the exact effects of a higher legendary combat skill evade me right now.

It's best to do this when you have at least a helmet on, you could do it when you have a full steel set on you, that way you train your armor user skill as well, but from my knowledge armour user increases your speed the higher it is, reducing encumbrance effects (very important imo, as being able to attack .5 More times than pretty much anything is a huge advantage when you take into consideration opportunity).

This is cheesy and broken, you will have a superman-like character if you leave it there long enough and be able to punch out Cthulhu.

Weapon skills are harder to train or rather take much more time than any defence skill because of this way of training them, you can reach legendary+20 On all your defence skills twice before you could reach legendary from nothing on any weapon skill (except hammer skills because flesh balls are an option), so it's easier to pump one up to grand master and go from there.

Also this happens to massively increase your fighter skill too which is always good as I believe it increases your opportunities? Not sure what, but I do know that someone with master fighter will consistently beat an otherwise equal opponent in arena.

I did this..... I came back after going to the gym for an hour.....My phallus was missing.....
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 07:38:05 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: Sometimes you lose your phallus.

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 03:00:08 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: Sometimes you lose your phallus.
True
Sig

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 06:56:45 pm »

I always end up killed in my sleep by bandit ambushes. Any good ways to avoid that?
Only sleep in lairs, camps, towns and forts.
[Signature]

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 09:50:57 pm »

I need some training gloves to be added, I like to play hand-to-hand and wrestling, that usually fails though, last game I did incredibly well, got killed by an infection.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 07:48:37 pm »

I recently had an epic battle between my character and a bandit camp of ~50 enemies.  I only died because I didn't pull out a crossbow bolt in time, and got an infection after the battle.

I charged the camp like an idiot, but saw about 5 ranged units, so I hid behind a tree and let the melee ones come to me.  I focused on crippling attacks like broken bones over killing shots, since units in pain tend to run away.  I lost my weapon hand to a crossbow bolt, but I used the glitch where you can take something out of your backpack without an empty hand to put my sword and shield in the same slot.  I threw the rocks that I'd picked up before the battle, and managed to cripple 5 or so enemies with just that.

So, lessons I learned from that:  breaking an enemy's bone is as good as killing him if you're facing a large horde.  If your enemy is in pain and you move away, he'll run away instead of chasing you.  They'll come back later, but they'll come one at a time, so they'll be easy enough to kill later.  Stay away from ranged enemies, a single crossbow bolt can mess up your whole day.  You can attack the head for a kill, but several slashes to the torso should open enough arteries to make them bleed out.  A stabbed heart is an automatic death sentence for anything that bleeds.  I couldn't separate any limbs (started with a silver sword), but a cut-off arm or leg can also cause bleed-out in addition to crippling your enemy.  Throwing can also even the odds.  If you're strong enough, rocks can easily break bones, so stock up before a major battle.

Or you could just bring companions, let them charge ahead like idiots, and then attack your enemies from the side or back while they're distracted.  You get a bonus to hit chance and possibly damage if your enemy is currently fighting someone and you're behind/next to him.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 10:19:34 pm »

They can't fight back effectively without a weapon, and they can't chase after you if they have no legs

How sure about that are you?
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 01:35:13 am »

I always end up killed in my sleep by bandit ambushes. Any good ways to avoid that?
Only sleep in lairs, camps, towns and forts.

Camps don't work. They're just piles of junk on the ground.

Also, you can avoid bandits and bogeyman ambushes by sleeping anywhere you can't fast-travel out of. So, mountains are good.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]
Pages: 1 [2]