Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A skink devilish diplomat from Dur Otnge has arrived....  (Read 1765 times)

Urist McMarsfyre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A skink devilish diplomat from Dur Otnge has arrived....
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »

Does anyone have any idea what this means??
Her name was ūsbu, law-giver and apparently was "A gigantic one-eyed skink twisted into human form. It has a bloated body. Its black scales are round and close-set. Beware its poisonous vapors!
She is skinny."

Leonance

• Bay Watcher
  • Moltar shows us how dwarves solve all problems.
    • View Profile
Re: A skink devilish diplomat from Dur Otnge has arrived....
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:03:37 pm »

The humans decided a regular human law giver was just boring and found a clown to replace them.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:19:32 pm »

A skink is a lizard, so I'm picturing a roughly man shaped one of these, with all black scales ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:23:12 pm »

That thing's got deadly vapors, be ready to find a new mayor...
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:29:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure "poisonous vapors" are only used during attacks - since this is a peaceful Diplomat, you've got nothing to worry about. It's "noxious secretions" that are dangerous, and only when they're gaseous at room temperature.

Once this demon meets with your leader and leaves, you'll never see it again - next year, the Law-giver will be an ordinary human (bug 2892).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:00:22 pm »

I'm picturing it wearing a hat and moustache Chicken Boo-style and trying to pass itself off as Human.

Leonance

• Bay Watcher
  • Moltar shows us how dwarves solve all problems.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 07:21:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure "poisonous vapors" are only used during attacks - since this is a peaceful Diplomat, you've got nothing to worry about. It's "noxious secretions" that are dangerous, and only when they're gaseous at room temperature.

Once this demon meets with your leader and leaves, you'll never see it again - next year, the Law-giver will be an ordinary human (bug 2892).

I had one in a past version that decided it did not like my hatch covers and started ripping them off so I killed it.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »

KILL IT.
Super fun. Seriously. That doesn't happen often, and you'll enjoy fighting off the humans. They're not stupid like gobs or primative like elves.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.