Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "How do I make..." Worldgen questions thread. :O  (Read 1637 times)

PalladiumDawn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: "How do I make..." Worldgen questions thread. :O
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 05:55:34 pm »

While on this topic, I do have a fairly pedestrian question: is it possible to generate a world with a single climate type, like temperate?  I have found that setting the maximum and minimum temperatures one integer apart (For instance, 34 and 35 respectively) still produces worlds with freezing to warm zones...What am I missing?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 06:19:25 pm »

I think all you're missing is that that is impossible.

Also, any idea on an embarkable volcanic island? Seed, maybe?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 01:09:30 pm »

I've probably posted the question about flat volcanoes a hundred times on the formums and have never recieved a clear answer.  I'm desperate for the flat volcanoe but the world still needs some mountains for a parent civ.  I also want the world covered in volcanoes.

This post gives some parameters that should help you get some flat volcanos: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64032.msg2393820#msg2393820

I've had some luck with it - your mileage may vary!  :)
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely
Pages: 1 [2]