Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Station 37, a small game about saving people as a firefighter  (Read 1277 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.frankiesmileshow.com/station37/
A fun, and rather original little game about a firefighter saving people with axe and fire extinguisher.

I've been playing this pretty much since I got up. It's fun, the first level drags on a bit, but after a while the mechanics get interesting (although I did find it a little frustrating at times). I did reach the end quicker than I thought I would, which kinda disappointed me. But I thought the game was an experience worth sharing.
By the way, has anyone figured out how to save that sixth civilian in the hotel? I'd also like to know how you get that last ??? achievement... it's puzzling.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Station 37, a small game about saving people as a firefighter
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:24:49 pm »

That was certainly... unique. I died a lot near the end, but it was fun. As for the sixth civilian, I didn't have any trouble with that. Grabbing him basically makes the rest of the level Hard Mode though.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:45:35 pm »

That was definately worth checking out, but yeah, whats the last achievement? maybe not dying?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 07:18:07 pm »

Just remember, even if the sixth one gets lit up, you can still rescue him. Happened to me.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:11:11 pm »

I tried to trick the game by skipping a victim so I could start my way back quicker, but it didn't work. :( At least I was able to beat it.

The game could have been really nice if they'd made it a "full version" whether they kept the normal route or the spoilers. Not that it wasn't good as it was.
Nothing important here, move along.