Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Woot for some World Gen Love!  (Read 772 times)

Telcontar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Woot for some World Gen Love!
« on: July 20, 2011, 10:58:22 pm »

I dunno bout you, but I'm as happy for the world gen work as I was for the military overhaul. It's been so sad to see World Gen get more and more broken as everything else gets changed. No age separation, samey wars and events. It used to be one of my favorite part of DF just to peruse the Legends. I want that back!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woot for some World Gen Love!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:20:22 pm »

Aye, 'tis good to see the world coming alive through more death in World Gen.  And I like how Toady's solution to overzealous adventurers is to send them downwards.  I'm beginning to think that the Month End project might be a Populous style armageddon in the bowels of the planet.  Klaxons sound and every race digs furiously towards the planet core...
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 03:45:22 am »

Aye, 'tis good to see the world coming alive through more death in World Gen.  And I like how Toady's solution to overzealous adventurers is to send them downwards.  I'm beginning to think that the Month End project might be a Populous style armageddon in the bowels of the planet.  Klaxons sound and every race digs furiously towards the planet core...
Do we both agree it would be a good thing? Or is it just me?
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

frodo0800

• Bay Watcher
  • Son of Ilúvatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:27:10 am »

it would be nice if world gen had love stories like the onde from silmarilion i thing is called like this:the ballad of luthien,something like this,for example the guy fall in love for an female elf or dwarf but her father,for accepting the marriage asks him the "inky inked the ink sword" which was crafted by his grand grand grand grand grand father,but was stole from him by a servant on the skinless demon wich controls  the human nation....

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 10:56:06 am »

That's planned :D
Also, Toady has multiple times threatened us with a poetry generator...

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 04:56:43 pm »

And the music generator
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 06:21:57 pm »

Orthoclase ostriches,
Orthoclase and cheese,
Orthoclase ostriches.
microline,
Gorilla cake!

frodo0800

• Bay Watcher