Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to Throw  (Read 806 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
How to Throw
« on: July 14, 2011, 01:13:52 pm »

What wrestlingey moves do you have to do to be able to throw an enemy? I have had...marginal success figuring out this awesome, cool way to kill people.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gomwon

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: How to Throw
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:44:10 pm »

From my little experience and knowledge, you can only throw things smaller than you.

http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta for Dwarf Fortress Tweetspam.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 02:11:20 pm »

As arena BC, I'm having trouble figuring out how to throw a human. My raws are modded, but not THAT modded.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:51 pm »

As arena BC, I'm having trouble figuring out how to throw a human. My raws are modded, but not THAT modded.
punch him...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 03:00:14 pm »

The wrestling command throws them farther and more reliably.
Sig

beefsupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 04:52:19 pm »

I've picked up and thrown corpses before, and thrown live people through wrestling. It might have to do with being a legendary thrower. I just sat around, throwing dirt at myself until I was a legend.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:53 pm »

Grab their head with your hand, and the option should be available.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

iFreshco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 10:45:02 pm »

I don't know exact criteria and it may just be that some creatures just aren't throwable or can't be thrown as.  Your size against the opponent's also matters.  On my human I couldn't throw a night hag but I can chuck goblins left and right.

Anyways I usually grab an arm but I think upper and lower body works as well.