Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Double-memorializing  (Read 1164 times)

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Double-memorializing
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:15:09 pm »

So I have memorial slabs for some of the dwarven merchants who visited. However, their corpses are still on the map, so when I create coffins and allow them for general burial (for the merchant guards), they seem to be taken by the merchants (who are already memorialized) first. Is this a bug or is it supposed to happen?

Also, I'm getting that for the guards that do get a coffin, the coffin is acting like a tomb (that is, it's allowing me to reassign it, even though the guard is already dead, but not yet buried there).

ETA: And my dwarves have brought the corpse of one of the guards back to the tomb, and the ghost is still out there, even though he's been entombed. Any ideas?
=Uncool-
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:30:22 pm by uncool »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Double-memorializing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:03:58 pm »

Dwarves will still want to bury a body even if it's owner has it's name engraved on a slab. Think of some random WWI soldier whose body was never found but his name was put on some monument. I bet his body won't be left to rot if it was found just because his name is already engraved :P

Are you sure it was the right guard? His spirit should come to rest...

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:08:38 pm »

Dwarves will still want to bury a body even if it's owner has it's name engraved on a slab. Think of some random WWI soldier whose body was never found but his name was put on some monument. I bet his body won't be left to rot if it was found just because his name is already engraved :P

Are you sure it was the right guard? His spirit should come to rest...

Current Owner:
Lor Stettadoltar, Ghostly Marksdwarf
on the tomb.
Lor Stettadoltar, Ghostly Marksdwarf              Undead
on the units list.
=Uncool-

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 04:25:00 pm »

Are you sure that there weren't two dead people named Lor Stettadoltar?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 04:42:51 pm »

and make sure the body is IN the coffin. Just making them own the coffin doesn't mean the body is in there.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 06:04:46 pm »

and make sure the body is IN the coffin. Just making them own the coffin doesn't mean the body is in there.
obsidian coffin
Lor Stettadoltar's partiakeleton
It's in there.
=Uncool-

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 07:06:13 pm »

We can see your name if we look slightly to the left of your post. There is no need to leave your name after each and every reply.

On Topic: Have you tried deconstructing both the slabs and coffins, then rebuilding the coffins only?
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.