Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Concerning stuff in my cages, specifically Goblins  (Read 455 times)

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Concerning stuff in my cages, specifically Goblins
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:23:02 pm »

Goblin Christmas came around recently, and Goblin Claus left me plenty of Goblinite and some of his helpers to entertain my fortress. I have a problem though, I have an animal stockpile which the helpers in their little cages get moved to. If I try to move the cage elsewhere, the helpers are set free and try escaping through my main hallway, with a glitter of sharp objects flinging before them. In their excitement, their cheer explodes painting the walls in a festive red, leaving Goblinite for the good citizens to collect. However, I want them to be both entirely naked AND stay in their cages until I presumably pull the damn lever and set them free inside of a festive colosseum, or in my new Goblin flight training program featuring a 20z level drop.

i'd also like it if i could allow the poorly Goblins to be horrifically maimed interact kindly with the local wildlife in the colosseum, but I encounter the same problems. help anyone?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:38:34 pm by zehive »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Concerning stuff in my cages, specifically Goblins
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 11:26:51 pm »

Construct the cage somewhere, don't move it from the stockpile.

Alternatively, if for some reason that's not working, make a separate stockpile containing only goblins. Remove permission for Goblins from the original stockpile.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:28:08 pm »

Check your helpers.  Thief helpers tend to be slippery, covered in crisco no doubt.  Soldier helpers can be moved between cages and pitted with no trouble.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 12:29:36 am »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Cage

Read the entire page at the above link. It should answer all of your questions.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 03:02:20 am »

all of this worked. i was bored so just now i set them all into a single cage in my colosseum and had my legendary swordsdwarf play with them. as you may have guessed, everything is now red and green. festive little fellows, goblins.