Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dream about Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 652 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dream about Dwarf Fortress...
« on: July 08, 2011, 11:15:44 pm »

I had an awesome dream last night, about Dwarf Fortress obviously. :D
I can't remember it that clearly; I rarely do remember my dreams well; but I remember enough to know it was AWESOME.

I'd been playing a couple of community forts lately, a kobold camp named Gakruldus and a dwarven city named Crewtowns.
Anyway, my dream fort was sort of a strange, mutated mix of the two, in 3D, where I had some huge number(like, thousands, I think) weird kobold-like creatures living in this massive fortress. I was going along, doing fortress-y type things that I don't remember, with all sorts of strange stuff going on in the dream.

Then, we were attacked! A vile force of darkness had arrived- A goblin siege! It was a bloody battle, but eventually I managed to lure them into a trapped hallway where they all died horribly, any survivors being mobbed by the weird half-dwarf, half-kobold things populating my fort.

But then, just as the dust was settling, I was attacked again! There was a weird notification message which I can't remember, and then there was this huuuuge army of elves. I sent out my army (which was also huge- several hundred strong, and remember this is all in 3D) to meet them to the north of my fort, and it was freaking awesome.
I don't remember all that many details of it, but I know I had several different kinds of soldiers, in colour-coded(?) robes and armour, and many of them used magic or something. The elves I don't remember so well, but I know they had these giant magical boats, with really tall, stilt-like legs that they ran around the battlefield on, shooting purple glowing balls of magic, for some reason.

It was a pretty close battle, hundreds of my dwarfbolds were dying to every blast of magic, but thankfully I had plenty of 'em. Eventually I had just one squad of weird green-robed guys with swords, against a couple of remaining elf-magic-boat things. My guys managed to destroy the boat, cutting it in half and it fell into a pool.

Very strange stuff, but it was an awesome dream, and I figured I'd share it before I forgot about it!  :D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:27:37 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dream about Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 11:18:51 pm »

you know when you play dwarf fortress too much when you can render your forts in 3d without the use of overseer

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 11:37:49 pm »

What was your dream's FPS like?
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 11:49:08 pm »

I had an awesome dream last last

Sorry, but I can never take the rest of the post seriously with something like this in the first line.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 12:29:39 am »

Did you ever consider... Maybe I don't take my posts seriously in the first place? :P I kinda doubt my subconscious mind takes my dreams seriously either, hence the walking boats shooting magic balls.

Fakeedit: Oh wait, were you referring to my overuse of the word awesome, or the typo in the first line? I'm guessing the former, but I fixed that darn typo.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 09:30:59 pm »

lately, the dreams that i can remember have been "normal" dreams, but put through the DF interface.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time