Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead Civilization?  (Read 3797 times)

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
Dead Civilization?
« on: July 08, 2011, 11:13:20 am »

So I saw that one of the possible dwarf Civs I could play as was at war with the elves. I thought, "Cool, I ought to check this out in Legends mode."
When I did this I saw that the elves had sacked this Civ's capital twice, once in year 6 and once in year 8. Further investigation revealed a shitton of dwarves dying of starvation around that time as well, including the civ's King and General. Then I realized that my map was 120 years old.
So I ask you, if this Civ is indeed dead as I think it is, will any migrants come? I don't really care about caravans because there are always the humans and elves (who I'm at war with).

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Civilization?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 11:18:03 am »

The first two migrant waves always come. There's no way around them. Past that, if your civ is dead, no migrants.

As for caravans, even though you didn't ask, only the first one will come.

Dead civs are really common in this version. Dwarves aren't always great at surviving history.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 11:20:47 am »

The first two migrant waves always come. There's no way around them. Past that, if your civ is dead, no migrants.

As for caravans, even though you didn't ask, only the first one will come.

Dead civs are really common in this version. Dwarves aren't always great at surviving history.
:( aw man, I was looking forward to slaughtering some elves... Thanks for the reply!

Weylyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 12:14:48 pm »

:( aw man, I was looking forward to slaughtering some elves... Thanks for the reply!

What's stopping you?

Go for it, see if you can make a fort with only the first two migrant waves and children. Only having human caravans might be a bitch, but it should be doable.

And once you're established, avenge your forefathers! Kill all elves!

---

And tell us what happened, of course :D

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 03:37:55 pm »

What's stopping you?

Go for it, see if you can make a fort with only the first two migrant waves and children. Only having human caravans might be a bitch, but it should be doable.

And once you're established, avenge your forefathers! Kill all elves!

---

And tell us what happened, of course :D
Dude, you've inspired me.

FOR THE ANCESTORS!