Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 0AD anyone?  (Read 1862 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0AD anyone?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:39 pm »

Looks good, im gonna test this!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »

I've played it, a quickie with the AI that doesn't really do anything. Here's my overview:

• The graphics are pretty good overally, especially at this stage of development.
  • I was hoping for a larger scale of unit counts. Currently, the highest pop limit you can get is 200. Which means NO re-enacting 300 with an accurate troop count, which kinda sucks since both Spartan infantry and Leonidas himself are available to the Hellenes. Infantry take one, siege engines seems to take 2-3, and I didn't check cavalry.
  • Speaking of Leonidas, it seems that hero units can be produced as many times as normal troops. I had two Leonidases(Leonidi? Leonideese?) running around. I doubt this is intended, though.
  • Goats need to be more easily killed for food. Or at least, stop running away. One Gyne I had assigned to hunt the goat(which are produced at the Greek corral) chased the bugger halfway accross the map, and only did a little bit of damage.
  • It seems pretty well polished, given the state of development.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 10:36:33 pm »

Use ranged units for goat-killing. The goat won't run out of their range for some reason. Also, the whole numbers thing is just part of the game balance (or more likely the engine's ability to draw all those figures). Sure, you can't re-enact 300 to scale, but there's not many maps where that would be reasonable anyway. As for the hero thing, hopefully that will be fixed.
Nothing important here, move along.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 11:29:38 pm »

I thought it's pretty cool 5 years ago, but now I think I'll sooner play Duke Nukem Forever.

I want to know if DJ did in fact sooner play Duke Nukem Forever.
Whahahahahaha it deserved to be Necro'd for this reason alone!
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled
Pages: 1 [2]